Monday, April 4, 2011

Beardie Update

Happy Day! More bearded dragon WIP shots. I was considering doing touch-ups in Mudbox but I think the model is pretty much there with just subdivision poly modelling in 3ds max.

I had a bit of a tough time with the spikes, as I didn't want to have to position them all by hand, and max doesn't have a "paint effects" tool like Maya. I ended up using the Hair and Fur system, then converted to geometry, which worked out pretty well.

Next up is UV mapping, and taking some hi-resolution shots of a very annoyed and confused lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment